Sunday 3 July 2011

a new piece of writing.

I've just entered a Creative Writing competition run by the charity Arthritis Care. The theme was 'If I Were an Olympian' no doubt inspired by all the Olympic Games hoo-ha that is prevalent at the moment. The entry qualification was to have Arthritis. As I have had both forms of Arthritis for 46 years I felt well qualified to enter. I found the theme a bit dubious though. To some very disabled people it might have felt like having their noses rubbed in it. Or is that just a touch of over-sensitivity on my part? So, I set to and wrote and edited my piece. It has been duly emailed and will be nestling with other entries as I write. One other thing. The last competition by Arthritis Care I entered just disappeared into the ether. No results, no winners announced, no information found anywhere I searched. I hope that this time they will let me and the other entrants know what's happening. Such a shame really. Arthritis Care is a fabulous charity. Very hard-working and worthwhile. I have been a member of their People Bank for years and value them greatly.Now, what submission shall I send next?

No comments:

Post a Comment