Monday 4 July 2011

More poetry stuff

Well, I am sorry to have missed buzzwords in Cheltenham last night. Simply too tired to go. This new medication I'm on makes me very tied and writing adds to it. Still, I should get used to it(so the doctors say).
Today I have been working on the theme of land and travel. It's for a competition and as the entry fee is four poems for £10 I thought it would be worthwhile to write new pieces. I have adapted a piece that started out as a poem and has morphed into a short story. I felt quite stimulated by the theme and now have my four pieces of writing. I still have time to re-read and re-edit before the submission date. It's been quite satisfying and a good exercise. The other plus point is that the competition has been set by a reputable publishing house. I don't mind spending on this competition whereas some of them I wouldn't bother with.Mind you, they're all a bit of a lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment