Saturday 30 July 2011

3 acceptances today.

I was so surprised and pleased today when the post brought me three acceptance letters for poems I had recently submitted. I would be more pleased but they are from Forward Press. I know this is a vanity publishing house but I have been sending stuff to them since I first started writing and couldn't tell a decent publisher or magazine from a bad one. Still, I don't buy the books they are pushing and have to assume that as they actually send out paperwork to be signed and a proof-sheet that they do use the work. In fact I did once see a friends copy of one of the books I hadn't bought and it did have my poem in it. I suppose I feel a little uneasy as some people scorn presses like Forward. On the other hand it does allow new poets to get something in print. Perhaps I should just ignore other people and their opinions of Vanity Publishing and Self-publishing. So far this year I have had 23 poems accepted by a varied range of places. I must be doing something right so I think I'll carry on regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment