Wednesday 6 July 2011

a boost to the ego.

Well I have been sending out submissions this week.I've sent stuff out to nine places since the first of this month. (that's poetry. I have also sent a couple of short stories). As you are aware we often have to wait for ages for any sort of response to our submissions so you can imagine my surprise when the editor of Message in a Bottle magazine , Fiona Sinclair got back to me within a couple of hours. She sent me a lovely email and described my poems as 'suberb'. As it often feels like I am working in a desert it was so lovely to have such a welcoming response. This will be the third time Message in a Bottle has used my work. It's a good magazine with interesting articles and some good photography too. Have a look at it and their website and send in your work. It's well worth a try. so, I am still floating about on my cloud. Ready to set to and do more work but unfortunately I have to spend a lot of time today at Cheltenham Hospital having a pre-op assessment for my forthcoming new knee op. Things always just happen when you don't need them. Oh well, let's hope the pre-op doesn't depress me to the point where the euphoria dies and I lose the flow.Last thing. I would love to put the poems Fiona liked so much on this blog but I can't till after they have been used in the Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment