Tuesday 12 July 2011

New collection.

As my poem 'Men in Dark Coats' gets a good reaction I have an idea to write a collection based on the times and people surrounding that poem. It refers to when I was working as a Go-Go dancer in the nightclubs in Birmingham in the 1970's. I have listed the characters i need to write about and drafted a couple of poems. I think I'll make this my autumn project. I can work on it when I am recovering from my knee replacement op and on those cold and wet afternoons when the weather becomes something to avoid. I just have to let the memories slowly bubble to the surface and as it was so long ago it will take time.

On a different tack; I see that Forward Press who have published loads of anthologies are going into receivership. There's mutterings about something not quite right going on. I hope no-one has lost money buying books that contain their poem(s). They were always good for sending stuff you wanted to try out. I didn't buy the books after the first couple. Too much like paying to be published. Anyone know what's going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment