Sunday 2 October 2011

A welcome back. Not.

On my computer when I got back from a lovely holiday. Three rejections in my emails. Two from poetry submissions and one short story submitted to a memoir magazine. thankfully they were all pleasant and polite. At the end of the year I usually tot up how many submissions I have sent out plus the number of rejections/acceptances I have received It's amazing how many places reject as opposed to accepting work.Many places don't even acknowledge that your work ever got to them. It's not nice to be left hanging on for an indefinite period of time but I suppose its the weight of work they have. Comparing editors comments is interesting too (that is if they make any). The more of them you read the more you realize that that they accept or decline work based on personal preference. All we can do is keep submitting. I'm looking forward to Buzzwords tonight. I have a few new poems which I aired at Poetry Cafe just before my holiday. I might use these again simply because I am still tired and don't feel like preparing anything else today..

No comments:

Post a Comment