Monday 24 October 2011

This weeks work.

it seems a long time since I last wrote yet it isn't actually too long. I have had many things to sort out prior to going into hospital for a knee replacement. I have no idea how well I shall be able to walk after the op. I assume walking with a stick will come first. It's a bit awkward trying to organise a fundraiser for Children In Need with the hospital visit falling right in the middle of me returning from holiday and the event itself. Still, I digress. I have had seven lovely kind poets offer their time and talent for the said afternoon and I shall read too, even if its from a wheelchair. I'm hoping it will be a good event. It's something I planned to do over the years but has always coincided with me being ill or having surgery. Maybe this will be the year! I have also tried to drum up some publicity and contacted newspapers, TV and Radio. No response yet though.

Besides all this I have brought back eight poems from my holiday in Wales and have been working on those. I have written a couple more chapters of my crime novel and entered a few competitions. This week I have four medical appointments so I'm fitting work in where I can. I was pleased to have a poem accepted last week but that was followed by two rejections. The balance is about right.
I have added the details of the Children In Need event below for those who might be interested

No comments:

Post a Comment