Tuesday 20 September 2011

Today's little bit of blog.

this morning I read my friends re-edit of the opening chapter of the book I had looked at for her. Wow! the difference is amazing. She has really pulled it together. I hope she sends it out when it is complete. It's a great story.
Also today I have entered the National Poetry Competition run by The Poetry Society. I have sent off three poems that I am pleased with. They are quite new too. It's nice to have something fresh and sparkly to send. I also ruthlessly deleted a couple of poems that had been lurking for years and for which I just couldn't find that definitive change.I had a problem with the website for the National though. I wanted to submit on-line as it is so much easier. However, the website would not accept a change of amount and would only bill me for one poem. However I tried.(Four times.) It would't let me change the amount. I resorted to the post in the end. Good job I didn't leave it till right up to the deadline. I am looking forward to going to Poetry Cafe in Cheltenham tomorrow. Lovely venue. Very nice people. Gorgeous poetry. Hope you go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment