Monday 12 September 2011

Editing.

I have just finished editing (to a point) and reading with a view to being a critical friend, a book written by a friend. it took a long time. I don't consider myself an editor. It's just that I have had more experience of writing than she has and I have taken about nine courses that have dealt with characterisation, plot, dialogue etc. so, I set to. I hope I did a good job. My friend is very pleased with my comments and found them constructive and practical. She is following the things I said and re-writing parts of the book. Her story, I felt, was well written and deserves publication. I wish her all good luck in pitching it. If she is successful with it I shall be proud to have had some input.Good luck Jay!. Since last writing I have worked on eight or nine new poems all sparked off by the workshop that preceded last Sundays buzzwords. I love it when the words flow. I have also submitted to two places today and written my journal. I only wish that my Arthritic hands did not make typing and writing so difficult. Never mind. the harder is to do something, the more we appreciate the result.Haven't worked on my book today. the plot is wriggling in my head like eels in a barrel. I shall carry on when my thoughts settle down. More next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment