Saturday 20 August 2011

Reading in Ross-on Wye.

I am reading my poetry at(or under) the Market House in Ross-on-Wye on Wednesday August 24th. I am very pleased to be asked but the usual questions are rolling round my head. Will there be a stage, amplification, rain? Who do I see on arrival. With a moving audience of shoppers and tourists will anyone stop to listen? It's odd how organizers of events never think to tell you these things. It's a good job poets are flexible and accommodating. I am looking forward to it and have gone over my set many times in preparation. At times like this I recount the odd places I have read poetry in and see how it compares. OK. A bikers club in Birmingham. In a number of other streets. In a marquee, on a boat and in a field. On second thoughts-no worries. I'll tell you how it went on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment