Monday 27 June 2011

Rejections.

I wonder why it is that certain places simply do not appear to like certain peoples work? It seems unfair that an editor may choose to continually blank a writer and deprive his readership of their work.Surely an Editor should choose poems that appeal to their readers wide and varied natures and not simply feed them what he or she(the editor) feels is good for them. After having many poems used by many well-respected magazines and anthologies I see a pattern emerging. There are now places that I know will not use my poems and many that I know will. It is a shame because the tendency will be to only submit to those places where my work is known to be acceptable. Yet, I still feel a spirit of rebellion and continue to send to places which have never accepted a piece of my work just for the sake of letting them know that I am still here and still writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment